Our top of the line float room offers you rest, relaxation, and restoration as you disconnect from an over connected world. Float therapy offers you a sensory free experience for your mind, and a gravity free experience for your body. This is accomplished by allowing you to lose awareness of where your body ends, and the water begins, in a room where air and water are both kept at body temperature, and the water holds over 1000 pounds of Epsom’s salt which forces your body to float.
We ask that every client fill out the client information form before their float session. You can print the form and bring it with you, or arrive a few minutes before your session to complete it at our facility.
Benefits of Float Therapy
- Reduce chronic and acute pain from arthritis, fibromyalgia, back and neck pain, inflammation and tendonitis
- Diminish or eliminate headaches and migraines
- Sensory deprivation helps increase ability to relax and meditate / theta-state
- Aids in muscle recovery
- Strengthen immunity
- Improve sleep (insomnia)
- Reduce anxiety
- Can help with PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stimulate creativity
- Improve circulation and reduce blood pressure
Other benefits of floating:
- One hour session is equal to 4 hours restorative sleep
- Reduces cortisol levels back to a productive and normal state
- Speeds recovery time after any type of injury and improves ability to bounce back
- Takes you to and keeps you in the "theta state" which allows the most creative part of our brain to engage
- Balance a stressed out immune system through flotation on a regular basis
- Epsom salt is a great muscle relaxer and anti-inflammatory mineral, which also aids in the detoxification of the body.
Here are some pre-float tips:
- Avoid shaving the same day of your float
- Try to avoid caffeine for 2-3 hours prior
- If you recently did any type of hair color, wait 48 hours or bring a swim cap to cover your hair (we also have caps available for purchase if you need one)
- If you have recently received a spray tan you will need to wait a few days until the color will no longer come off
If you can, fill out our online waiver ahead of time or arrive 20 minutes early so we can get you all set and start your float session on time.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Why do you recommend trying the Float Room at least 3 times before you decide if it is right for you?
The first visit is a learning experience, a second float makes you understand the potential of regular floating and the third float makes you understand the benefits of why you float. For this reason we do offer reduced pricing with a “starter pack” that is listed under pricing along with a loyalty program for frequent floaters.
Is the water clean?
Water cleanliness is a top priority. Water is added and tested daily. We will reschedule your float if there is any indication the water is not in excellent condition.
The float room is filled with approximately 200 gallons of salt water solution. 1000 lbs. of dissolved, pharmaceutical grade Epsom salt make up this solution. That concentration of salt alone is an excellent sanitizer, but in addition to that, we use a powerful dose of ultraviolet light, ozone, and a daily treatment of a 27% H2O2 solution. Filtering is accomplished through a cartridge filter system which traps debris as small as 5 microns. The system runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with exception of float session time.
There are no hard chemicals used. Ultraviolet light destroys over 99.9% of the organic matter and pathogens found in pools and spas. Ozone is the most powerful oxidizer in nature and is considered the world’s number one defense against modern resistant organisms while producing no by-products. Hydrogen peroxide, H2O2 works in similar manner to ozone producing an additional layer of oxidation. This triad of sanitation processes will assure that our clients will enjoy crystal clear, safe and chemical free salt water environment.
How long is a float session?
A 60 minute session typically works for first visits. As customer become more comfortable, they can extend sessions and figure out what works best for them. We will work with you to get the time you need figured out and scheduled if it is beyond 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
What should I bring?
You must use our products BEFORE you float to keep our water clean so you really don’t need to bring anything unless you choose too. We provide:
- Shampoo and Body Wash (prefloat)
- Wash cloths, towels and a robe
- Earplugs, qtips, vinegar solution for ears, and petroleum jelly for cuts
- Shampoo, Body Wash and Conditioner (post float)
- Our "Ready Room" with hair dryer and a few products you can use after if you choose
What you bring for AFTER your float depends on what you plan to do after. You are more than welcome to bring personal items and fresh clothes for after you float.
Can I wear a swim suit in the float room?
Absolutely. There is no “right” or “wrong” way to float. This is your session. You should do whatever makes you feel comfortable to achieve YOUR best result. Research on what to wear will most often say to float with no clothing for a complete anti-sensory experience. However, if this will hinder you from reaching a total relaxation, or if you are dealing with chronic pain, you should do what’s right for you. If you choose to wear your swim suit, please make sure it is clean, Shower with your swim suit on before your float to rinse any remaining detergent.
Are there times where I should NOT float?
Yes. Along with water cleanliness, safety is another top concern. For those two reasons we ask that you sign a waiver and acknowledge the following situations are not a good time to float:
- Infectious skin or respiratory disorders
- Open wounds
- Any type of incontinence
- Epilepsy or serious mental conditions
- While menstruating
- A high-risk pregnancy
- Under the influence of any drug or alcohol
- Under 18 without parental presence
- Temporary hair color is not permitted, permanent hair color is permitted 48 hours after coloring. Swim caps are available
Will I be claustrophobic?
If you are concerned about feeling claustrophobic, you should watch our introduction video and come check out the float studio before making an appointment. A float room is much less likely to cause claustrophobia than a pod or old fashioned tank but checking it out ahead of time is probably a good idea. We want to help you get comfortable before making a decision. The room is very spacious and you can float with the door open during your visit if you still are not sure but want to try.
Can two people float in one tank?
Unfortunately not. Our float room is spacious but not made for two. If you want to bring a friend we have massage therapists and our infrared sauna you can both try while the other is floating. We also have a relaxing waiting area with tranquil music to help you enjoy your wait.
Does Epsom salt make my skin wrinkle or become dry?
Nope. Actually it will have the opposite effect. Epsom salt is great for your skin and will feel great after you float!Float Pricing